|About the games|
Crackdown and its sequels are third-person shooter video games played in an open-world. The player's character is a super-human Agent created by the Agency, an international police organization based in Pacific City.
In Crackdown, the player must rid Pacific city of three criminal gangs, Los Muertos, Volk, and Shai-Gen, each claiming a different district of the city: La Mugre, the Den, and the Corridor. (Learn more...)
In Crackdown 2, ten years have passed since the Agency overthrew Pacific City's gangs. New threats have arisen to disrupt the peace, however. A virus has spread across the city, transforming all who come into contact with it into monstrous Freaks. There is also the Cell, a terrorist organization made up of dissidents, radicals, and criminals who want to topple the Agency. The player must break the Cell and purge the Freaks to restore the Agency's order to Pacific City. (Learn more...)
Crackdown 3 is the presumed title of the upcoming Crackdown game announced by Microsoft at E3 2014. Microsoft describes it as "a new iteration of the groundbreaking open-world action series that features a whole new campaign — fully playable in co-op — and uses Xbox Live to power a city that isn’t just an exciting place to play, but is a part of your destructive arsenal."
The Agents are super-human beings created by the Agency using the disgraced work of Dr. Balthazar Czernenko. As each Agent fights, its abilities evolve; for example, a new Agent can jump slightly higher than the average human, but an Agent with maxed out Agility can leap over buildings. The Agents have access to the Agency's best equipment to fight against crime in Pacific City.
|What's new on Crackdown Wiki|
- November 16, 2010 - The Crackdown 2 DLC pack Deluge is released.
- September 2, 2010 - The Crackdown 2 DLC pack The Toy Box, featuring the Keys to the City mode, is released.
- July 6, 2010 - Crackdown 2 is released!
- July 1, 2010 - Crackdown 2 avatar items are available for purchase on Xbox Live.
- June 21, 2010 - The Crackdown 2 demo has been released on Xbox Live. Episode 5 "Sunburst: A New Dawn" of the Pacific City Archives is also now available.